I recently came across this site, North Shore Pediatric Therapy, www.NSPT4kids.com and wanted to share with you their e-book, “Neuro-Development of Children: 4 Common Childhood Disorders,” by Gregory Stasi, PhD and Peter A. Dodzik, PsyD, ABPdN,ABN. It’s informative, it’s FREE, it’s downloadable. Check it out. For now, I will give you a quick summary of what it has to offer:
- Is Your Child Normal? Covers such topics as motor development & language development (receptive and expressive)
- Anxiety Disorders in Children: what it is, when to be concerns, and the consequences of untreated anxiety
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: what is is, developing an intervention plan, and when to be concerned.
- Childhood Depression: symptoms, treatment, and understanding behavior
- Developemental Dyslexia: dyslexia and the brain, signs of dyslexia in kiddos, dyslexia in school, and treatment
While it doesn’t mention CAS specifically, I still was impressed with the material in this booklet, and you may be, too. Head to their website, www.NSPT4kids.com and look for their free, downloadable book and see for yourself.
Coming Up in Apraxia-World:
- Small Talk: All About Apraxia. First meeting of the spring session is Tuesday, April 5th from 7-9pm. Come prepared to share your “apraxia story” with the group. If you are interested in coming, this is a FREE event, but we need you to reserve your spot/get additional information by emailing me at email@example.com
- Summer Enrichment Experiences. If your child has attended any summer enrichment group or camp for speech, I want to know about it! Where did they go, what gains were made, would you go back? Planning for a summer post for an upcoming “Apraxia Monday.”
- As always, your thoughts, ideas and comments are appreciated. Send me blog topics for “Apraxia Monday” at firstname.lastname@example.org