The other day I was scurrying about in the “mom-mobile” when I heard a little tid-bit on my favorite Chicago-based radio station, MIX 101.9. It’s title was something like “you’re happier than you think if…” Of course I was curious so I turned up the volume and made a mental note to try and remember all of the points:
- You were a smiley student. Look back (mentally or physically) at all of those school pictures…did you usually smile in them?
- You have a sister. I can’t recall what the reason was (and why don’t brothers count?!) but it was said to make you a happy person.
- You stay warm with a cup of hot cocoa–or any warm beverage. Researachers say that just holding onto a warm cup or mug makes you emit postive feelings (does this suggest that Starbucks is scientfically-sound??!)
- You have souveniers on display. Makes sense–you are constantly reliving and remembering happier times. I have favorite photos framed all over the house…I think that counts as a souvenier.
- You hang with positive people. No-brainer there.
- You restrict/limit the amount of television you watch. Instead you spent time doing things that really matter to you.
- You have a good love life. I suppose the definition of this is subjective…but overall, you are happy with your romantic place in life.
- You make exercise a priority. Exercise increases endorphines (those feel-good hormones), so it’s no wonder…plus you are are making your body healthy in the long run (he, he).
- You have not just one, but two best friends. Not sure what the significance is with having 2…I suppose it’s all about having a back-up.
I sure hope you were able to check off a couple of points on this list. If not, carefully look over it again and see where you might be losing out. Maybe it just means you need to make a few more stops through the Starbucks drive-thru!