By Leslie Lindsay
With the release of “Speaking of Apraxia” sort of behind me for now, I thought I’d give you all a little head’s up as to what is coming down the pike for the next couple of months–in the blog world, anyway.
- Friday’s “column” is changing from “The Emerald Isle” to “Celebritrees” seeing how April celebrates Earth Day and Arbor Day. I will be presenting little known tid-bits about these majestic living organisms that have been around for a long, long time.
- In May, Friday will present interesting facts, musings (and yes, frustratios), of moms in honor of Mother’s Day. In fact, just yesterday I ran across a book titled, Carpool Tunnel Syndrome.” As a former R.N. and current “carpool mom,” I totally got a kick out of that!
- May is also “Better Speech and Hearing Month,” so I will give you some ideas on how you can help your kiddos at home with their speech on “Apraxia Monday.”
- “The Teacher is Talking” (Tuesday), is shifting gears a bit from early childhood/elementary education to ways to help you–the grown-up–become a better “student.” I will be borrowing some hints and tips from a book I just read, The Winner’s Brain. This book shares the 5 top qualities an individual needs in order to become a “winner.” While I believe we are all winners in our own right, this may just help you hone in some skills you may have forgotten to tend to. We’ll get started with this topic right away, April 17th.
- I also have some guest bloggers lined up–one I think you’ll really like–I “met” her through the blogosphere and she has some really intersting ideas/experiences in raising her son with sensory processing concerns. She’s also an artist (and blogger).
- As always, I am open to your suggestions! Just shoot me an email, email@example.com and I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for being a loyal reader!
And that is what is in my brain today, Thurday April 12th 2012.